Great Places to Stay on Sanibel Island
| Print |
Looking for a quick and easy way to indulge in a tropical vacation, without traveling to the tropics? Plan a visit to Sanibel Island. Located on the southwest coast of Florida, Sanibel Island boasts flawless white beaches, warm surf and incredible sightseeing.
There is no shortage of fun, and no shortage of places to stay on Sanibel Island. Luxury hotels, motels, inns, cottages and hotels, all located on the beach or near quaint marinas, provide comfortable accommodations. If you prefer something a little less "touristy", you can rent a private condo or home, or stake your claim at a local campground.
The following list of places to stay on Sanibel Island offer wonderful beach views, dazzling sunsets and the shelling that has made Sanibel Island famous:
Resorts and Hotels
* Best Western Sanibel: This well-known chain provides comfortable lodging at many popular tourist destinations, and Sanibel Island is no exception. It's a beachside haven where sea meets sky and creates one of the world's most spectacular sunsets. After a day spent exploring the island, the comfortable and tastefully decorated rooms in the recently renovated Best Western Sanibel provide the perfect place to relax.
* Song of the Sea: The completely renovated Song of the Sea is an intimate seaside retreat nestled on the shore of the Gulf of Mexico. Blending true island serenity with touches of personalization, Song of the Sea offers delightful extras, such as a complimentary bottle of wine and breakfast served al fresco. Of all the places to stay on Sanibel Island, this is a true jewel.
* South Seas Island Resort and Yacht Harbor: Built on an impressive 330 acres, this full service resort redefines the luxury resort experience. After investing more than $140 million into renovations, the South Seas Island Resort and Yacht Harbor has recently reopened, offering visitors updated amenities including new dining options and a challenging golf course along the Gulf of Mexico coastline.
Cottages, Inns and Motels
* The Blue Dolphin: Tropical, secluded and right on the beach. The Blue Dolphin might just be the perfect place to stay on Sanibel Island. Choose from fully equipped studios and one-bedroom suites, each with a sundeck. Guests at the Blue Dolphin enjoy such extras as complimentary continental breakfast, bikes, lounge chairs and beach umbrellas.
* Castaways at Blind Pass: There is a place near Sanibel Island where paradise meets paradise; the precise point where Sanibel meets the neighboring Captiva Island. The spot is called Blind Pass, and it's where you'll find Castaways at Blind Pass. If a piece of paradise isn't enough, these charmingly beautiful Gulf front and Bay front accommodations also provide a marina and heated pool.
* Gulf Breeze Cottages: Some of the places to stay on Sanibel Island offer history as well as beauty. Gulf Breeze Cottages is a historic gem located near a lighthouse end of the island. You can rent these recently remodeled cottages for a few days, a week or a month. It's a great spot to call home when you're not busy shelling, swimming and exploring the island.
* Tropical Winds Motel and Cottages: # If you're looking for a place that's beautiful and secluded, this could be the right choice for you. Located on a white sand beach, Tropical Winds Motel and Cottages is just steps from one of the world's best places to search for seashells. Serene, comfortable lodging and those mesmerizing sunsets make this one of the best places to stay on Sanibel Island.
More information about these and other places to stay on Sanibel Island, is available online. Finding a great place to stay on Sanibel Island is easy. Coming home from beautiful Florida is the hard part.